Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Psalm 92

A psalm. A song. For the Sabbath day.

It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp. For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.

How great are your works, O LORD, how profound your thoughts! The senseless man does not know, fools do not understand, that though the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish, they will be forever destroyed. But you, O LORD, are exalted forever.

For surely your enemies, O LORD, surely your enemies will perish; all evildoers will be scattered. You have exalted my horn like that of a wild ox; fine oils have been poured upon me. My eyes have seen the defeat of my adversaries; my ears have heard the rout of my wicked foes.

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, "The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him."


Last night, my Spiritual Leader prayed over me using Psalm 1 where “the LORD watches over the way of the righteous” (Psalm 1:6).
Today, as I read Psalm 92, I am reminded that:
The righteous will flourish in the Lord… He will be like one growing strong in the midst of adversity & difficulties (grow like a cedar of Lebanon), planted and deeply rooted in the church of the Lord (planted in the house of the Lord) & flourish in FCBC (flourish in the courts of our God). Even till old age, the righteous will remain fruitful, youthful and good looking (They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh & green, proclaiming “The Lord is upright; he is my Rock…”).

I am reminded not to be afraid of the evildoers for surely my enemies will perish. Though the wicked will spring up like grass & all evildoers flourish, they will be forever destroyed.

What I should focus on is to praise the Lord, make music to Him & sing for joy at the works of His hands!!! In this season, let us PRIORITISE Worship as what Ps Eugene shared on Sunday Service, let us focus in returning back to the heart of worship. Let us raise a generation of worshippers who will worship the Lord in truth & in spirit.

O Lord, I was made to worship You, I was made to praise You, I was made for You… I love You, Lord Jesus!!!

No comments: