Monday, April 21, 2008

Psalm 113

Praise the LORD. Praise, O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD. Let the name of the LORD be praised, both now and forevermore. From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised. The LORD is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens.

Who is like the LORD our God, the One who sits enthroned on high, who stoops down to look on the heavens and the earth? He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes, with the princes of their people. He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.



Praise the Lord!!! Today as I read Psalm 113, I felt my spirit being lifted up to give thanks to Him and praise Him from deep within my soul. Sometimes when we read such a Psalm where it keeps reminding us to praise the Lord… Have you wanted why? Or what kind of situations would the Psalmist be in… I am not sure when this Psalm was written or by who, etc…, but I am reminded of Apostle Paul writing the epistle of Philippians when he was in prison, telling the Philippians to always rejoice.

Today when I read Psalm 113, I am thankful because the Lord reminds me to always rejoice and give thanks despite my circumstances. I will always praise the Lord. In good times, I will praise Him, in challenging moments, I will praise Him even more… For who is like the LORD our God? There is none who can compare with Him. The Lord will always deliver us, be it the poor, the needy or the barren woman. The Lord Jesus is our deliverer and He will deliver us.

Thank You Lord Jesus. I love You!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.