Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Psalm 123 (2nd May 2008)

A song of ascents.

I lift up my eyes to you, to you whose throne is in heaven. As the eyes of slaves look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid look to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he shows us his mercy. Have mercy on us, O LORD, have mercy on us, for we have endured much contempt. We have endured much ridicule from the proud, much contempt from the arrogant.


As I imagine the next day of our retreat where the people will climb up the stairs to the waterfall area for their devotion in the early morning, I pray that the Lord will give us a humble hear to seek after Him. May we cry out to the Lord for His mercy as we seek the Lord today asking the Lord to deliver us from the proud & arrogant who treated us with contempt & ridiculed us!

May we look up at the Lord with the eyes of slaves asking God for His mercy! May we look up to the Lord with eyes of a maid pleading to the Lord for His grace!

O Lord, please have mercy on me… I plead with You O Lord, please show grace to Your servant and not hold Your anger towards me. May You forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Thank You, Lord Jesus. Thank You!!!

No comments: