Thursday, March 8, 2012

QT on 8th March 2012

Today's Word is taken from Exodus 4:1-9 (NIV)

Moses answered, "What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, `The Lord did not appear to you'?" [2] Then the Lord said to him, "What is that in your hand?" "A staff," he replied. [3] The Lord said, "Throw it on the ground." Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it. [4] Then the Lord said to him, "Reach out your hand and take it by the tail." So Moses reached out and took hold of the snake and it turned back into a staff in his hand. [5] "This," said the Lord, "is so that they may believe that the Lord, the God of their fathers---the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob---has appeared to you." [6] Then the Lord said, "Put your hand inside your cloak." So Moses put his hand into his cloak, and when he took it out, it was leprous, like snow. [7] "Now put it back into your cloak," he said. So Moses put his hand back into his cloak, and when he took it out, it was restored, like the rest of his flesh. [8] Then the Lord said, "If they do not believe you or pay attention to the first miraculous sign, they may believe the second. [9] But if they do not believe these two signs or listen to you, take some water from the Nile and pour it on the dry ground. The water you take from the river will become blood on the ground."


1. "Why would anyone believe in what I say? How would people know that it is God who have sent me? Would anyone listen to me?" These are real questions that Moses struggle with when God spoke to him about what God called Moses to do... In the same way, when God called us, do we too struggle with such questions? As I meditate upon the situation that Moses faced, I realised that many times, we cannot help but feel uncertain... wondered if we have heard God correctly... Sometimes, we just have to move in FAITH and believe that God is in control, and He will guide us back into His Plans even when we hear wrongly... It is my belief that when God called us to do something, He will authenticate the works that He has purposed for us.


2. In today's QT, I felt in the same way, the Lord in asking me, "What is that in your hand?" I have in my hand, my Bible, the Living Word of God. The Lord has given me a gift, the ability to preach His Good News and to teach His Word, the skills to disciple His People, the heart to father His children, the love to build God's families, the will to obey His commands and the courage to move in faith... I know God's calling for me, and I shall continue to pursue that calling... It is not whether people will believe in me... It is about what God has called me to do, and what God has told me to speak... I just have to obey...


Closing Prayer:
Soverign God, You are Lord over all things, and You alone know the end from the beginning. Help me to remember my humble beginnings and the depths from which You have saved me, and grant me the discernment to see Your redemptive plan for all of creation. In Jesus' name. Amen.



...

No comments: