Sunday, March 4, 2012

QT on 4th March 2012

Today's Word is taken from Exodus 2:11-22 (NIV)

[11] One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people. [12] Glancing this way and that and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand. [13] The next day he went out and saw two Hebrews fighting. He asked the one in the wrong, "Why are you hitting your fellow Hebrew?" [14] The man said, "Who made you ruler and judge over us? Are you thinking of killing me as you killed the Egyptian?" Then Moses was afraid and thought, "What I did must have become known." [15] When Pharaoh heard of this, he tried to kill Moses, but Moses fled from Pharaoh and went to live in Midian, where he sat down by a well. [16] Now a priest of Midian had seven daughters, and they came to draw water and fill the troughs to water their father's flock. [17] Some shepherds came along and drove them away, but Moses got up and came to their rescue and watered their flock. [18] When the girls returned to Reuel their father, he asked them, "Why have you returned so early today?" [19] They answered, "An Egyptian rescued us from the shepherds. He even drew water for us and watered the flock." [20] "And where is he?" he asked his daughters. "Why did you leave him? Invite him to have something to eat." [21] Moses agreed to stay with the man, who gave his daughter Zipporah to Moses in marriage. [22] Zipporah gave birth to a son, and Moses named him Gershom, saying, "I have become an alien in a foreign land."


1. I learnt from the Living Life today that I need to be sensitive to the purpose of God in my life. I need a better spiritual education before I can be ready for the next major phase of service to God. The personal lesson for me is to be sensitive to recognize the hand of God in my life. God is very interested to shape our Character and seeks to make us stronger so that He can use us in a greater way. It is important to be willing to let God have a free hand to move us around and change our plans or way of life... As we coorperate fully with God's guidance, God will prepare us and make us ready for our next phase of service to God. Moses' sojourn among the shepherds of Midian would ripen his ability to lead Israel in the desert.


2. Learning from failure is so important for all of us... I believe this word is so timely for me and many of us that we MUST NOT be so dissapointed with ourselves when we make mistakes. Do NOT fear failures as fear of failures will STOP us from growing, from learning, from succeeding... The critical area that we need to work on is to have the humility & courage to admit our mistakes/failures and seek God for wisdom to continue to grow and become stronger each time we face defeats in our lives...




Closing Prayer:
O God of all wisdom, I fully acknowledge that Your ways are not my ways, nor are Your thoughts my thoughts. I humbly ask for the wisdom to use failure well, to learn from mistakes and difficult sircumstances, so that I might pursue Your purposes according to Your ways. In Jesus' name. Amen.



...

No comments: