Monday, March 5, 2012

QT on 5th March 2012

Today's Word is taken from Exodus 2:23 - 3:6 (NIV)

[23] During that long period, the king of Egypt died. The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. [24] God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. [25] So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them.
Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. [2] There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. [3] So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight---why the bush does not burn up." [4] When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am." [5] "Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." [6] Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.


1. In my QT today, I was reminded that our God is FAITHFUL to His Promises and He NEVER forgets. He holds true and will NEVER abandon us, His people. We need to TRUST God regardless of whatever circumstances or situations we are facing. All the more when we go through times of trails & testings, we need to hold fast to God & His Promises for our Lives. It is important to NOT ONLY know our calling, we need to also know when to pursue our calling. We must NOT rush but allow God to purify & prepare us through the trials & fires of everyday life.,


2. Our God is a Holy & Powerful God. While we approach God so readily & freely in Christ, we should always do so with awe & respect. We MUST NEVER take God for granted although He loves us like a father who is friendly & approachable. Personally, I find it hard to balance between approaching a loving father yet cannot be too close for comfort. This will be an area that I hope to work at in this season. To draw close to God, to deepen my relationship with God, yet hold Him with the HIGHEST Regard, submitting & obeying everything that the Lord is instructing me to do. I believe as I LOVE the Lord with ALL my Heart, He will draw me close to Him in intimacy.




Closing Prayer:
Father, thank You that You are a God who remembers Your people and acts to do what is always good for them. Help me to remember and hold on to that. In Christ's name I pray. Amen.



...

No comments: