Sunday, January 20, 2008

Psalm 20

May the LORD answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings.
Selah
May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests.

Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm. O LORD, save the king! Answer us when we call!




As we are coming to an end of the 2nd week in the Year of Sabbath, as I read Psalm 20 this morning, I felt as though I was entering into a battleground where the Lord wants me to be ready for war. And the Lord wants me to trust in Him that He will grant me success but I must not rely on my own strength or depend on the resources that I have. As I seek Him, I felt He was asking me to put my faith in God and trust that He will provide for all my needs. All I have to do is to declare the Name of the Lord and raise His Banner up high!!!

Dear Lord, forgive me if sometimes I have made You too small in my eyes... and trusted in wisdom of men... May I never depend on chariots & horses, tanks & warplanes, submarines & missles... thinking that I will win the war because of all these modern technologies... May I never be intimidated by my enemies' capabilities of destruction power but always believe that my God is more powerful than any weapons that the enemy can use against me...

O Lord, may I trust in You and stand firm, ready to meet the enemies at the gate for You shall deliver me today!!!

No comments: