Thursday, April 5, 2007

You Hold the Key To Success!

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul and Barney)

Scripture Reference: Psalm 1:1-3
You are a young man, young woman either in school or just started your career. You want to do well in your area of studies and work, you want to make it in life! But sometimes, that seems so hard, and you are getting tired…

If you could identify with the above, I have good news for you. You hold the key to success in Life! God has been teaching me about how to succeed in life, and I would like to share with you what He taught me! The Bible in Psalms 1 described a man, a blessed man. The Bible said that,

“He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season…” Psalm 1:3 (NKJV)

You could be that man who is fruitful!

“Whose leaf also shall not wither…” Psalm 1:3 (NKJV)

You could be that man who is not afraid of recession, retrenchment, and has no dry season in your life!

“And whatever he does shall prosper.” Psalm 1:3 (NKJV)

Everything which you touch, will turn to gold! Everything that you get your hands on, you will be successful. Success is yours!!

But there is a condition. This man which Psalm 1 is talking about did something right.

“But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night” Psalm 1:2 (NKJV)

This man reads the Bible everyday! He is well versed with what God is saying to him through His Word. The word of God is hidden in his heart, guiding his every action.

“Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful.” Psalms 1:1 (NKJV)

This man does not seek the counsel of that which is outside of the Bible. Many of us when we come to making decisions, often choose to listen to the world than to God.

This is what God has taught me, just read the Bible regularly, God will take care of the rest of the matters. God will grant you success, God will show you the path to move, God will open the doors for you! The key to success is reading the Bible regularly! Let the word of God guide you daily!

Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, I am sorry that many a times I do not listen to Your advice. But instead I seek the counsel of my friends, secular books, my own methods etc. I have the greatest treasure in front of me and yet I do not use it. Please help me to develop a regular Bible reading habit. Amen!
(This devotion was brought to you by Paul and Barney)

No comments: