Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Victorious Dummy’s Guide To Success (2)

Scripture Reference: 1 Peter 5:8-9, 1 John 5:4-6 & Hebrews 10:35 (NKJV)

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul and Kingsley)

Continuing from where we left off yesterday on confessing positively, let me show you what Colossians 2:15 says,

“Having disarmed principalities and powers, He (being Jesus) made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it (NKJV ).”

When you proclaim Jesus’ finished work on the cross over the circumstances in your life, you are actually reminding and mocking those disarmed principalities and powers. You see, principalities and powers being satan’s employees (since he can’t be at two places at one time), they possess a certain level of intimidation and when things do not turn out right for you, they seemed highly threatening. But Jesus through Peter says that they are all noise, but no bite.

“Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings (1 Peter 5:8-9 NKJV).”

You are not alone in what you face. A greater body of believers, male and female alike, are facing the same struggles, circumstances and adversities as you. Yet Jesus through John, the Apostle of Love, said this,

“for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. (1 John 5:4-6 NKJV)”

In spite of what is surrounding your life, you can stand in Christ and speak forth His Word into those negative and unpleasant adversities and circumstances. You do not have to take it lying down, but bring the fight to the devil! Soon enough, you will find your victory.

“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded (Hebrews 10:35 NKJV).”

Prayer: Dear Father, as Christ is, so am I in this world. I thoroughly believe and confess that I have the victory in Christ over those areas in my life even though I have yet to see it. I’ll continue to add life to what I say, to those around me and my leaders through your scriptures by continually declaring them. Your Word says it; I believe it and that settles it. I believed, therefore I overcome the world. In everything I do, I am destined for victory. Thank you Jesus! Amen!

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul and Kingsley)

No comments: