Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Victorious Dummy’s Guide To Success (1)

Scripture Reference: Galatians 6:1, Revelation 12:11 (NKJV)

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul and Kingsley)

Now have you started practising confessing positively and according to what the bible says about you?

Here is another important truth to realise. Around us are people (that also includes Christians) who gossip and fan wild rumours of people, circumstances and situations. The best part is, we love to take part in them!

Yet Paul said we should all be doing this,

“Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted (Galatians 6:1 NKJV)."

Remember that we have the power to add or subtract from our lives? The same goes for those around us! Given any moment of a day, words of grace and mercy spoken help people triumph over their circumstances and brighten up their day. After all, do you prefer beautiful, helpful and comforting words or would you rather have words of condemnation?

“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony … (Revelation 12:11 NKJV)”

The word in Revelation 12:11 (NKJV) clearly states that ‘they’ (you and I) as those saved ‘overcame him (satan) by the blood of the lamb’ (Jesus Christ) and by their words of testimony. Jesus completed the work on the cross so as to buy us the victory in our lives. Now it only leaves us to speak His Word into our circumstances and life battles. Positive or negative; victory or defeat – it’s not difficult to see which is the obvious choice.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you that I am always a winner and your Word transforms me from glory to glory. As a result of who I am in Christ, with the people that I meet today and from henceforth, I will speak forth words of affirmation and truth into their lives, Christians and non-Christians alike. I will speak well of my family, my friends and my leaders. “By the word of (my) testimony, I shall be able to “restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness”. No longer will I use words to tear others down, but with words that edify and strengthen those around me. Remind me daily of this and help me to serve others with my words. In your most precious Son’s name I pray, AMEN!

(Today's devotion is the first of two parts, brought to you by Kingsley and Paul)

No comments: