Thursday, April 26, 2007

Know The Truths In Life, Speak The Truths In Life!

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Barney and Paul)

Scripture Reference: John 8: 31-32 (NKJV)

“…if you abide in My word, you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.”

Do you want to live everyday in the presence of God? Do you want to enjoy reading your Bible everyday? Do you want the truths of God in the Bible coming to life in your everyday living?

Now if that is your desire, of course the first and foremost thing to do is to read the Bible everyday. You have to know the Word to know God. Some people complain that God does not speak to them, and very often these people also do not read the Bible regularly. The first and foremost of spiritual growth is reading the Bible.

If you have been reading the Bible, the next most powerful thing to do is to confess the Word of God! Saying out the truths of God will help you to establish God’s truth in your own life. You may have known that the word builds faith, but do you also realize that

“…faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17 NKJV

You are speaking to your spiritual man when you speak out the word of God. With the confession of your mouth, you are also establishing the truths of God in your life.

“For with heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” Romans 10:10 NKJV

Confession of the truth of God’s word is powerful, because Jesus is the Word and this Word will go out to establish the work and accomplish His purpose! The Bible says that His words shall not return void, without accomplishing what He please! (Isaiah 55:11)

Actually confession is nothing new to us. We confess everyday of our life…words like “die lah, die lah”, “aiyoh, so stupid”, “I am going to be sick”, “I am going to fail my exams”…etc. We are basically brought up under the “bible of the world”. We think the way the world thinks. It is time to let the truth set you free! Instead of confessing the false, confess what God really thinks about you. The Bible says that,

“Death and life are in the power of the tongue…” Proverbs 18:21 NKJV

Today its your choice of Life or Death. Take action to confess Biblical truths today, you will find that the Bible is alive to you and you live in the truth of God’s word everyday! Find some verses and start confessing today! Speak the truths to yourself! You find that you know the truth like never before and the truth will set you free!

Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, I confess that You are the Lord of my life and not the people around me. I am what your Word said I am, not what the world said about me. From today onwards, I will tame my tongue, I will not speak words that are not true about me and about the situation I am in. I will only look up to Jesus, and speak the truths He said about me and my life! Amen!

(Today's devotion was brought to you by Barney and Paul)

No comments: