Monday, April 9, 2007

All You Need Is a Little Faith

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul and Johnny)


Scripture reference: Matthew 17:20-21 (NKJV)
NKJV 17:20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”

The reading says that all you need is a little faith, even as small as a mustard seed; and with prayers, you can do wonders.

I remember a few years ago, when I first accepted the Lord, I used to wonder whether my parents would ever come to know the Lord. I came from Buddhist/Taoist background, and my parents were very staunch believers. They would participate in all sorts of religious activities, and welcome all sorts of spiritual Gods into our homes. Though they did not stop me from attending church, I knew from their tones that they were not too keen on me going for services on Sundays. As much as I loved them to know the Lord, I had lots of doubts, and never bothered to ask them if they wish to join me for services. I took it for granted that they would say no.

One Saturday night, the Holy Spirit prompted me to ask my dad to attend service with me the next day. Though with little faith and lots of doubts, I prayed to God for courage and words of wisdom. When I asked my dad, to my surprise and delight, he agreed. Just when I thought this was a miracle, God added another delight: my dad opened up his heart to receive healings and prayers. And within a span of slightly more than a year, two of my siblings and my mum accepted Jesus as their Lord and saviour too. And recently, my parents took up the courage and added faith to break free from the devil by destroying all the spiritual strongholds (idols and charms) in our home. And all these miracles would not have been fulfilled if I never pick up the courage to ask them. Most importantly, it wouldn’t have happened if I did not have that little faith to pray and ask God.

Dear friends, these miracles are not coincidence or mere luck. These miracles can and will happen in your life, be it in your family, your friends, or your workplace. All you need is to have that little faith to ask our Lord, and trust that it will be done.

I believe there are some of us whom are wondering whether our parents, our relatives, our friends, our loved ones, our colleagues, will ever come to know the Lord. Don’t wonder anymore. Don’t worry anymore. Just pray.

Today, think of somebody whom the Lord has placed in your heart, have that little faith to pray, no matter how small your faith may be. And trust that miracles will happen, more than what you will ever expect.
(Today's devotion was brought to you by Paul and Johnny)

No comments: