Saturday, April 14, 2007

Prayers Public Unlimited

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul and Barney)

Scripture Reference: 1 Cor 14:14

God has given us a powerful prayer gift — praying in tongues, which is not limited by distance or time. When you pray in tongues, you could be praying for your future or even a loved one overseas. It is not limited by what you know or don’t know in your head.

When you pray in tongues, you won’t know what you are praying unless God tells you. This is because when you pray in the Spirit, your understanding is unfruitful — your mind is not involved.

“But Paul, I must know what I am praying!”

Well, sometimes, it is also better not to know what you are praying. In 2005, I was asking God for growth in my cell group. After praying in English, Mandarin and Cantonese, I ran out of words, so started praying in tongues. What I did not realise, was the magnitude of my prayer.

For example, I would have been afraid if I had known that the Holy Spirit was praying, “Father God, in the year 2006, bless Paul with so many new members, that he will double his team!" And indeed, my tribe grew from 12 to 25 people within three months and I brought them through the Encounter Weekend.

So I thank God that I don’t know what I am praying when I pray in tongues. I simply trust His goodness and pray in tongues for everything that He has planned for me to come to pass in His perfect time.

Dear Friend, don’t stop praying in tongues just because you don’t know what you are praying. You could be praying for the safety of a loved one in a life and death situation. Especially when you feel an urge to pray because you sense danger, pray! Pray until the burden is lifted. The Holy Spirit will know exactly what is going on, who is in danger and how to pray for deliverance. (Romans 8:27)

You may say, “Well, I can just pray in English.” You can, but your prayers will be very limited because you won’t know what to pray. It is better to pray in tongues because the Spirit knows all things. You don’t belong to that realm where all things are limited. You belong to God who is unlimited! So pray in tongues, and see great things happening for you and through you.
(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul and Barney)

No comments: