Monday, April 23, 2007

Christians, You Are Heirs To The King!

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul and Barney)

Scripture Reference: Romans 8:16-17 (NKJV)

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together."

Romans 8:17 tells us that we are "heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ" (NKJV). That means we have exactly the same anointing, the same power, the same authority, the same Father, the same INHERITANCE as Jesus! If Jesus can heal the blind, we can too. If Jesus can cause the lame to walk, we can too. If Jesus can bring the dead to life, we can too! That is what it means!

Imagine God is the super rich and and super-loving Father of the Family, and He has an extremely successful family business to boot. And I'm one of this children. My future is secure because I have a rich and loving Dad to trust in!

1. When I get into trouble, He bails me out of jail with His unending finance. He does not condemn me but waits for me to mature so that one day, I can turn over a new leaf and take over the family business.

2. When I am not well, He hires the best physician and doctors to heal me (of course Jehovah Rapha is our Healer). When I recover, He gives me health so that I can continue His work.

3. When I am in lack, He sends me more than enough for me to get by. He is El-Shaddai, the God who is more than enough! When I have more than enough, I bless others!

4. When I need to mug for my exams, He prepares the best environment for me to study. The All-Knowing God knows what is going to come out for my papers and He will give me the wisdom because James 1:5 says so!

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."

My friends, God will give to all "liberally and without reproach...". Just ask and He will give until your mind overflows!

With the backing of this kind of Father, you can only do well because He wants you to!

Today, the Father wants us to do well. But many of us tend to forget that we ARE His Children, and that we HAVE a share of His inheritance! The only thing that can hold you back from receiving your inheritance, is when you run away from Home, and you refuse to acknowledge this Father.
Will you take your spiritual birth certificate and claim your blessings in God? Which Father will not want His son or daughter to do well? I'm sure this Father does, because I have received His blessings many times!

(Today's devotion was brought to you by Paul and Barney)

No comments: