Saturday, January 13, 2007

Praise the Lord and make music to Him!

Scripture Reference: Psalm 108:1-6

We all love music. Music has become part of our everyday lives. How has music become part of your life? When you face battles in your life, do you PRAISE the Lord and make MUSIC to Him? Or do you start to make NOISE??? (whining, grumbling, etc…)

As I meditate on God's word today, I came to realize that many of us do not sing and make music to the Lord enough everyday. I remember that when I was in my university days, I used to take my guitar and sing to the Lord whenever I was free. I also remember that it was through many such times that the Lord revealed many things to me and it was then that I received ideas on how to handle some of the difficult moments in my life.

I remembered the story of how King Jehoshaphat defeated the armies of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, as mentioned in 2 Chronicles 20. King Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the LORD and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army. As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir and defeated the enemies of Judah.

My dear friends, learn to make music and sing to the Lord. Praise Him in the midst of whatever situations you are facing and you will find the Lord fighting the battles for you in your lives. The next time you find yourself wanting to grumble or whine about the situation you are in, pause and sing to yourself this verse:

“My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul.”(Vs 1)

Let us BREAKOUT by praising the Lord and making music to Him!!!!

1 comment: