Friday, January 12, 2007

Fear Not, Trust in the Lord

Scripture Reference: Mark 4:35-41

In today's Scripture reference, Jesus asked His disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?" (V 40)

This question keeps ringing in my ears as though Jesus is asking me the same question right now. In this month of January, I will be away from the country for quite a number of days and I cannot help but worry about how my wife and children would do in my absence for the next 2 weeks. As I seek the Lord in my devotion today, I was reminded to trust in the Lord and to commit all my concerns to Him.

There were so many times in which the Lord has helped me overcome many trials and difficulties. How can I be so worried? It is not that we cannot be concerned about our loved ones, but I felt that the question my Lord is asking me right now is this, "William, do you STILL have no faith?"

The issue is, how much do I really believe that God will take care of everything for me? If I truly trust Him to He will watch over me and my loved ones, then I should have no fear… In 1 Peter 5:7, the bible tells us to “Cast all our anxiety on Him because He cares for us.”

Are you worried or troubled over certain issues in your life (eg: your studies, your career or even your future) which may be causing you to fear and lose your peace?"
Even as you pray and surrender these issues unto the Lord, I’d like to remind you of God’s promise to us in Jer 29:11- “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Let us breakout together from our fears and trust in the Lord; so that we will find Victory in our Lord Jesus. I would like to encourage you to "FEAR NOT, but trust in the Lord!

No comments: