Monday, March 19, 2007

Are you respecting your elders??

(today's devotion is brought to you by Cheryl, Pearl and Dawn)

Scripture Reference: 1 Peter 5:5-11


Reading this passage brings a smile to my face because I have encountered this type of situations often in my life.

I used to be a rebellious girl who never felt really close to my parents and as a result I didn’t have much respect for them. However because of our weak relationship, they became quite protective of me and I felt very restricted in many areas of my life. And when I was restricted, all the more I will try to get freedom.

To cut a long story short I finally decided I should EARN my freedom and started building stronger relationships with them. Right now we are closer and happier as they trust me more and hence they allowed me to go out and all. So, YAY! ☺

In this passage God asks for us to respect our elders and to humble ourselves for it says in verse 5 :” Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you clothe yourselves with humility toward one another because God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

So today ask yourself if there are times you have been disrespectful to your parents or teachers? Ask God for His forgiveness or better still, you can humble yourself and approach them and ask for their forgiveness too. This year is a year of victory and we can kick start this year by proclaiming victory over our personal lives!

The rest of the passage also encourages us to know that whatever hardships we may be enduring now is similar to many of our brothers & sisters, v9. BE STRONG! And do not let the devil rob u away from the blessings of God.

For in verse 10 it says: ”and the God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.”

So today two key things to remember… Be humble and Keep your Faith Shining!

(today's devotion is brought to you by Cheryl, Pearl and Dawn)

No comments: