Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Do You Dare?

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul and Barney)

Scripture Reference: Proverbs 10:22 (NKJV)

"The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it."

Just yesterday I was walking along at Bishan Junction 8, and I saw a former colleague. He was walking with his 6-year old daughter (think her name is Ashley). So I asked how he is and stuff. He said good, he's working now in the media industry. The job is tough but he'll get by.

So I asked where his wife was and he said that his wife just gave birth to a pair of twins, both daughters. He followed up by sharing that he wasn't expecting twins, now expenses are doubled and he is looking for another job.

My former colleague sounded real troubled, so I assured him by saying this (and when I said this, I did not expect to say it in this manner).

"Hey man relax, if God dares to give you twins, He will dare to provide the finance for you! Haha...!"

The light on my friend's face suddenly returned and he laughed heartily, agreeing with me.

Well, the Bible in Matthew 6:33 says that,

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

God wants us to have these things, in fact, He wants these things to be added to us. Of course, the key is not to seek our own righteous, but to seek His kingdom and His righteousness.

But what is righteousness? It is not right behaviour. It is a gift from God (Romans 5:17, NKJV - go read it!). At the cross, Jesus did not just take away our sins, He also gave us righteousness for us who believe. so that today, we can seek His righteousness and have these things (financial needs, health needs etc) added to us.

Today, if God "dares" to give you a situation, He will "dare" to bring you great success, but will you seek first His kingdom and His righteousness? If you do, He will add to you bountifully.

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul and Barney)

No comments: