Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Christ In You The Hope Of Glory

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul & Josiah)

Scripture Reference: Haggai 2:3-9 (NKJV)

At the start of the year, God promised us a Year of Victory, and we entered the year excited about it. However along the way we may have encountered setbacks and difficulties that slowly ate into our confidence and we start to get discouraged.

Well not surprisingly, the evil one’s tactics has not changed much since the days of the Old Testament. And one such story can be found in the rebuilding of the temple. You see the Israelites were conquered because of their sins and were exiled to Babylon. Years later God brought them back from their captivity and they began to rebuild the temple. However they got discouraged by their enemies. This was what was written in the Book of Haggai,

“‘Who is left among you who saw this temple in its former glory? And how do you see it now? In comparison with it, is this not in your eyes as nothing? (Haggai 2:3 NKJV)’”

He says that though we do not see it,

“ ‘Yet now be strong, Zerubbabel,’ says the LORD; ‘and be strong, Joshua, son of Jehozadak, the high priest; and be strong, all you people of the land,’ says the LORD, ‘and work;...” (Haggai 2:4 NKJV)

We should therefore be strong and work hard, believing Him.

“for I am with you,’ says the LORD of hosts. ‘According to the word that I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt, so My Spirit remains among you; do not fear!’” (Haggai 2:4-5 NKJV)

And we will not fear for God's spirit is with us.

“For thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory,’ says the LORD of hosts. ‘The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine,’ says the LORD of hosts. ‘The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former,’ says the LORD of hosts. ‘And in this place I will give peace,’ says the LORD of hosts.” (Haggai 2:6-9 NKJV)

He will "shake the heavens and the earth" and fill it with His glory and it will be greater than that of the past though physically it looks like nothing presently. You see, the moment we focus elsewhere for strength, we are not able to complete or overcome the tasks that God has put in your life. Yet the minute we focus back on Christ, our Father has promised to blessed us like the way when the Israelites started building God’s temple. Today, you and I can rest assure that He will bless us because Christ completed building the temple when He died on the cross. Today we are His walking living temples, because He has placed it all in us. We are destined for victory!

Because of Christ’s great work, He wants to honour us by shaking “heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory,’ says the LORD of hosts.”

Prayer: My heavenly Daddy, by the work of Christ, Your temple is embodied in me. I receive your word in Haggai 2, believing and confessing that You will shake heaven and earth, the sea and the dry land for my sake so as to bless me. Today I can expect to fully enjoy all your blessings and benefits because Christ completed building the temple when He died on the cross. Regardless of how much I have experienced thus far, I fully walk in your promises for me and my life. I am prepared to reap the victory that You have for me in this Year of Victory. Your name will be glorified! In Jesus name, Amen!

(Today's devotion is brought to you by Paul & Josiah)

No comments: